Monday, March 26

Regrouping

I don't really know how to start out this post… The fact that I'm still widely happy about how this weekend was spent is in my fore mind, my lack of personal photos isn't providing a visual, to prompt the start of small minute moments, and my heart is reassuringly settled with some mauled over emotions that have been provoked within the last few weeks.



And now that I'm starting in with my often therapeutic writing, I'm realizing that even though this weekend was filled with guaranteed fun {kid free dinner out, The Hunger Game movie, photo sessions with beautiful subjects, catching up with old friends, and celebrity crush talking with others} the self reflecting dust, seems to have settled from the last few week, carried a level of gratitude and appreciation for those contained with in the last few days.



I think being a mother, you expect that there is a certain level of influence that other children will have on your own kids. Good or bad. Up until lately, I never once entertained the thought, that other people's parenting would require so much countering on the approach my own. I've always heard those awful stories about adults acting immature toward kids, but never been there first hand or at that hands end. I've also known parents to expose their kids to things well before I feel is age appropriate, but thankful its on the outside of our family core. And although most are comfortable about talking not doing, I know the importance I hold in showing my kids that life offers more valuable lessons when spent doing, not just talking…



The last three weeks, life set out its tests, in the form of other's parenting, immaturity, and bold talk… I must say, my usual people pleasing manner, didn't care who's feather's were ruffled, confidence thrived in comfort, knowing that to myself I was remaining true.

Although it makes me sad, that Wesley was exposed to a bit of real life, himself… I'm glad to have shown it's ok to pull back from certain areas without regret, a level of maturity is needed the most, when the situation presents it the least, some ties are worth cutting, and the people you feel are worth being a positive part of your life, are those who are worth the efforts.

Now, I realize, it's just as important to put as much effort into keeping those, who you feel are not worth being anything more than an unavoidable part of life, at a minimum.



So this Monday comes on the end cap of a weekend spend with people worth making efforts for, focusing sights, and parental securing. This regrouping has me in the stage of black and white thinking, what kind of people and situation I want to surround me and my family with, and more importantly a concentrated focus on what Nate and I don't. I know time will bring out the grey, but for now…

There is some life 'doing' to be experienced…

1 comment:

Erica said...

I love this post!! Maybe it was because I felt personally connected to it... but I love the whole idea of out with the negativity!! Woot Woot!! So, not worth the time and energy spent!! Had a blast Friday night!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 2014 All text and images on this blog are property of Samantha Richardson.
I encourage you to share from the site and link as you please, I just ask that you give credit where credit is due.
Kudos!